Holiday Letting Agents In Norfolk

Norfolk Holiday Lets

Norfolk holiday letting agent service at sensible cost.

Norfolk Stay  are a local and  experienced holiday home management company based in North Norfolk . Our company provides a holiday letting booking service utilising the top Online Travel Agents ( O.T.A s ) such as Airbnb, Holidaylettings, TripAdvisor, Homeaway & We are holiday let owners ourselves and have designed a new cost effective holiday letting service that increases the viability of buying and running a holiday let in Norfolk. The costs of running a holiday let have increased over recent years, as cleaning and support services become in higher & higher demand.






Holiday let advertising, booking & payment service - from 8%  plus vat 



Advertising & bookings plus management service - from 15 % plus vat

Our local manager / keyholders  are based in various locations along the Norfolk coast.

We currently have local cleaning / keyholder services available to cover:

Thornham, Brancaster, Burnhams , Wells next the Sea, Stiffkey, Morston , Blakeney, Cley, Weybourne, Sheringham, Holt.

Many agents leave their clients to sort out their own cleaning and laundry services, but we do this all for you. We  will find you the right  cleaning , laundry and housekeeping companies that can look after your  holiday home and keep standards high for our holiday guests. 

We make sure your holiday let is fully compliant with safety legislation.

We are here to handle any  enquiries or requests received from your guests during their stay at your property.

We organise  any repair issues requested by you.

Our experienced office handles all the administration generated and issue monthly statements of account along with payments to you.  Our fully staffed property team deal with any enquiries during office hours. Guests are also given an out of hours contact number in case of emergencies.

We hold Client Money Protection Insurance, is your current management company a registered ' Safe Agent ' ?

 email us for our holiday let management brochure  



‘ Norfolk Stay - keep all of our five holiday properties let and then manage things day to day at a sensible rate of commission. They cleverly use all the main advertising portals such as trip advisor etc which holiday guests all use these days. I can highly recommend Norfolk Stay.'

Gary Chamberlain, Oakham Leics  (Holiday lets, Blakeney)



Step 1 

Advertising & Channel Management Of Your Holiday Let     

We will list your property on powerful Online Travel Agents , now household brand names. We will utilise these commission bearing marketing websites & build in the advertising commissions into the tariffs charged to the guests. Remember other  holiday let agents will be taking their 20%  to 25% commission off the rent they achieve for you, what counts is the final rent paid to you after commission not the rent amount advertised on an agent's website.

 We channel manage all the different Online Travel Agents from our master ical calendar that links to the OTA’s preventing double bookings. ( we can link to our client’s own ical booking calendar systems if required).

 We set the intricate pricing required for your property, to take account of seasonal pricing, short stay pricing, and late availability if required. This pricing is agreed with you then entered on each O.T.A. system and managed & updated as required.

 Step 2

Availability Booking Webpage for Your Property

We create a webpage for your property on our website . We personalise  this as much as possible to reflect the attractiveness of your property.

    see example

Booking Calendar

Included on your webpage will be a Holiday Let Calendar that shows the prices and availability for your bookings. (We can link to our client’s own ical booking calendar systems if required). Email or telephone enquiries link through to the Landlord Direct Lettings Office, and our staff handle these booking enquiries on your behalf.

Step 3

Handle Bookings   

Email or telephone enquiries link through to the Landlord Direct Lettings Office, and our staff handle these booking enquiries on your behalf.

We stick to your letting criteria, your do’s and don’ts.  We have a full consultation with you, we list the services you include with your cottage on your booking page, and also the ones you prohibit, so our booking staff can refer to your booking criteria at all times.

We sync and up date all booking calendars on all sites, to prevent double bookings.

Step 4

Handle Payments

 We take payments from guests via the Online Travel Agent websites or directly if they come through our own website. We take payments by Visa and other Debit Cards or by bank transfer.

Insured Client Account

We arrange payments due to you monthly along with a statement of account. All client monies are held in insured client accounts. This gives peace of mind to both owners and guests.

We arrange payments to you along with statements of account. We are a registered 'Safe Agent' all client monies held are protected by client money protection insurance. ( Set to be a legal requirement for all agents ) All client monies are held in insured client accounts. This gives peace of mind to both owners and guests.

              Safe Agent

Step 5 

Full management option 

Cleaning, laundry and keyholder duties, and manage you property from day to day. 

email us for a full management brochure 


Self manage support services





Please send us some pictures of your holiday cottage by using our image uploader 

Our image upload will automatically resize your photos and then email them to us.


For further information please contact Landlord Direct 

Tel: 0845 602 2505 please ask to speak to our director Mark Hutchings.


Holiday Let Safety;


Need An Energy Performance Certificate - Legal Requirement

All holiday cottages must now have an EPC Energy Performance Certificate, they typically cost around £60 and last for 10 years.

See National database, Norfolk EPC Inspectors

Need Smoke Alarms or Carbon Monoxide Alarms Fitting - Legal Requirement

All let property must now have a smoke / heat detector fitted to each floor, so if 2 Storey you need one alarm on the ground floor and also the first floor landing. If you have a solid fuel burner or fire you must have a Carbon Monoxide detector fitted at your holiday let. Get these alarms checked at least annually and change the batteries.

Landlord Gas Safety Certificates - Legal Requirement

Whether Calor or Mains gas, it is a legal requirement for holiday cottage owners to obtain a 'Landlord Gas Safety Certificate' carried out by a Gas Safe engineer annually.

Calor Gas Suppliers 

For Calor Gas ref-fills or to set up new storage tanks or the supply of Calor cookers 

Electrical Certification & PAT Testing

We would recommend that you obtain a 5 year periodic electrical certificate for your holiday let, and arrange for all portable electrical items PAT tested annual. 

Open Fires & Log Burners

Make sure all flues and chimneys are swept at least annually and keep the receipt or certificate. Visually check the condition of log burner flue seals and arrange for repairs of you feel they may need resealing. An air vent in an external wall in the same room as the log burner should be in place, and a carbon monoxide alarm as mentioned above. If you intend letting your property to families we would suggest that you supply a fire guard to open fires and log burners.

Fire Risk Assessment

Landlord Direct will write a fire risk assessment for our  holiday let managed clients if it is a standard holiday cottage this should be a straight forward matter.

Fire Blanket

We recommend that a fire blanket be fixed to the kitchen wall in a position between the cooker and internal entrance door.

Holiday Let Insurance

Holiday let property must have a specialist insurance policy in place, general buy to let insurance is unlikely to cover the holiday let 'short stay' use. There are therefore specialist insurance brokers out there who are set up to secure you the correct insurance policy on good terms. Apart from insuring the actual fabric of the building, these policies protect cottage owners against Public Liability claims, absolutely essential when you have paying guests staying.

Authority From Lender

You may already have purchased your property on a Buy to Let mortgage, however if you have a lender for the property , please check with them that you are able to let out the property as a Furnished Holiday Let as this could affect your insurance policy.

Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972 - Keep Records Of Your Bookings

The Immigration Order places a legal duty on all owners or the managers of all serviced and self-catering accommodation to keep a record of the name of all guests over the age of 16 years old and to take a note of their on-going destination usually their home address, for at least 12 months. The Landlord Direct booking service is designed to capture this needed information and we keep appropriate records.

The Equality Act 2010 

Although some holiday cottage owners do not allow pets, under the Equality Act all holiday cottage owners cannot refuse a booking from a registered blind person accompanied by their guide dogs. Further the act states owners should do anything that is practically reasonable to assist a disabled guest.

Bunk Beds Regulations

prohibit the supply of bunk beds which could cause a child to be injured or killed, as a result of their becoming wedged or trapped. A bunk bed must not have any: • gap in the bed base greater than 75mm (approx. 3”) • gap elsewhere which is less than 60mm (approx. 2.5”) or more than 75mm Any gap permitting access to the raised bunk should only be in the safety barrier on one of the long sides of the bed, and be of a minimum width of 300mm (12”). Note: The safety of mattresses is discussed separately in the section on upholstered furniture. By means of simple measurement, you should be able to make sure whether a bunk bed satisfies the ‘gap’ requirements detailed above. If you are in any doubt about a particular gap size, you should contact your local Trading Standards Service to arrange for more accurate measurements to be made with a special probe. The general safety of bunk beds can be simply tested by checking for such things as stability, rigidity, sharp edges etc. Some bunk beds may also be marked with a British Standard number. This is currently BS EN 747

Furniture Regulations

Most holiday cottage owners will by new furniture and soft furnishings which will have to meet up to date regulations, however older furniture should always be checked.

make sure all your furniture and furnishings meet the regulations. They must carry an appropriate permanent label at point of sale.

What do the Regulations Say?

As from 1st January 1997 all furniture in tenanted residential property must comply with the 1993 amendments to the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 which extends the scope of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 (CPA). This covers the supplying (hiring or lending) of specified goods (upholstered furniture and certain furnishings) “in the course of business”.

A landlord letting her own home over an extended period, perhaps to different tenants, would be deemed to be “letting in the course of business” and would need to comply. We would therefore strongly recommend that anyone, regardless of whether they see themselves as running a business or not, should make absolutely sure they are complying with these regulations.

Prescribed Items

The regulations apply to:

Excluded Items


Furniture which complies carries a manufacturer’s label which must be permanent and non-detachable.

All upholstered items must have fire resistant filling material.

All upholstered items must pass the “match resistance test” as prescribed.

All upholstered items must also past the “cigarette test” as prescribed.

Bed bases and mattresses are not required to bear a permanent label but compliance will be indicated if the item has a label stating that it meets BS7177


Legionella Checks

“someone who rents out a building or accommodation” including holiday cottage owners have a responsibility to prevent and risk control exposure to Legionella.

The best solution is to pay a specialist contractor to carry out a Risk Assessment. If it reports a low risk it is unlikely you will need to re-assess annually perhaps every 5 years or of there is a material change

Window Blind Cords

Window blind cords need to be fixed high enough off the ground to prevent young children being at risk, this is a legal requirement for all rental property  some blinds are fitted with a easily detachable catch .

Safe Use Of Cleaning Substances 

Always store cleaning products and chemicals in a place that cannot be reached by children. Do not store cleaning products in base kitchen units or low level cupboards. Ideally let your cleaners bring their own cleaning products , and do not store any products in your holiday let, apart from washing up liquid and bathroom soaps.


Most holiday cottage owners, will not derive a turnover of more than  £ 82,000 per year , and so will not have to charge V.A.T.




Holiday Let Agreement Owner webpage Booking Calendar Norfolk Inspections